Wednesday, August 27, 2008

True confessions...

All Claire has wanted for her birthday is a Nintendo DS. That is it. Nothing else. (Although, I should probably tell her they don't come with games!)

Anyway, I got her one.

And I felt it was very important for me to take a look at a couple of different games to make sure they would be at an appropriate level for her.

So I've been "researching" games.

That means, I've been playing games every chance I can get when Claire isn't looking!

Yesterday I almost got caught by Ellie. I stashed the DS under the covers really fast and she didn't notice.

This morning I had to stash the DS in the top drawer of my desk before Claire caught me.

But ... I forgot to hide the thing in a different place later, because Claire does go into my desk from time to time for supplies.

AND THIS MORNING SHE FOUND IT!!

"Mommy, what is this?" pointing to DS.

"Oh, that is nothing..." closing the drawer.

"Mommy, I know what that is."

"Oh?" gulp

"Mommy, that is a DS." pause.... "Mommy, is that MY DS?"

Ugh. I couldn't lie to her!!! So I told her yes, it was hers for her birthday, and she needed to wait.

She then proceeded to beg me incessantly for at least 20 minutes to please, please, oh please, let her have the DS now. This included following me around the house, with hands clasped, and begging me even when I was brushing my teeth.

I caved.

She is now playing Nintendogs and sharing nicely with her sister.

Sigh....

On the upside?

I don't have to play games in hiding any more!!!!

5 comments:

Lori said...

It's so hard to hide these things from the kids! We don't have Nintendogs but I heard it is addicting. Faith enjoys Big Brain Academy for the DS whenever we let her play with it.

Happy be-early birthday to Claire! And I'm glad she's sharing nicely with her sister :-)

Anonymous said...

Faith likes Big Brain Academy MUCH more than Brain Age 1 or 2--it seems that Big Brain Academy is better for kids and Brain Age is geared for adults. Mario Kart is supposed to be fun also, but I haven't really tried it for the DS yet.

Tiffanyk10 said...

I got a Nintendo Ds for my birthday last year :) I Love it, in fact I keep it in my car and play it while I am waiting for the boys to get out of school or during swim lessons. I love the brain quest game, it makes me smart :)

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that I love my PS2 and when Costco gets a shipment of PS3 around Christmas, I am going to beg Santa Claus to bring me one!

Nancy said...

I love it! Had to post my own confession now. . . . . gonna have to ask Claire how often she lets you play her games!