Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Library Elf

Today a very good friend told me about Library Elf and I will be forever grateful!

It used to be I could keep track of my library books. That was a long time ago, when it was just me, and my life was under control. My memory is a little hazy but I do remember those days.

Now that I'm trying to keep track of books for three (and sometimes four) different people, managing the due dates is a little more challenging. Back in the "olden" days librarians used to date stamp every book with the date due. I miss that skinny little date stamper! Our librarian was able to stamp that guy right between the lines every time! Now they have computer generated printouts that are much too easy to lose.

So I end up losing the printout, forgetting when books are due, and paying fines.

Well not any more!!!

Today I was introduced to Library Elf.

Library Elf is my new best friend! The service is free. Simply register your library cards and Library Elf takes care of the rest. Now I will get messages in my email any time a book is close to being due. No more past due notices in the mail!

Can you tell I'm excited about this?

2 comments:

Tiffanyk10 said...

Thank you!! This will save me many panicked trips to the library drop box in the middle of the night :)

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid to take all three kids to the library. It's like inviting the circus to come in.