We had to wake up early though...
Ellie sleeping on the way to San Diego.I don't usually take pictures of my children sleeping in the back seat, but with the bunny and puppy also buckled in, I couldn't resist. Do you see the pink box next to her? That has all the clothes she packed for her bunny. Bunny travels light.
We aren't sure if we saw lots of mama ducks with babies at the park, or if it was just the same mama and babies stalking us all day.I feel kinda sad for the last duckling.
One of the things on our to-do list was "feed the ducks". Put 50 cents in a machine and out pops some nutritious duck chow. One mama duck was aggressively defending her territory so that her babies could get all the duck chow. Any time another duck or water bird came close, she would chase them away. Eventually all the other ducks went to the other side of the pond and left mama and her babies alone.

The girls were soooo looking forward to feeding the lorikeets! Ellie got to feed lorikeets at a recent field trip to the Aquarium of the Pacific, so she was giving Claire pointers. Both girls got their arms a little scratched up from the sharp lorikeet claws ... OUCH!
I asked the girls what their favorite memories are from the weekend ...
Ellie: French toast! Please get the recipe!
Claire: My favorite part was eating French fries at the park.
Isn't it odd both of their favorite things this weekend are French?

2 comments:
Sounds like the next vacation should be to France!! It looks like you guys had fun, i've always wanted to go there. Maybe next summer.
I've only been there once...a long long time ago. One of these days we'll make that drive! They have those same birds at the Long Beach Aquarium.Pretty cool!
Post a Comment