Saturday, July 26, 2008

We've only just begun ...

This morning the painter was officially "finished". He took his check, shook our hands, and skedaddled outa here before I could ask him to do one more thing.

Now my work begins.

Today I was able to accomplish the following:

  • buy liner paper
  • buy fun inserts for drawers to help organize things
  • line all drawers
  • put stuff back in drawers
  • stare at the stuff I don't want to put back in the drawers but I'm not sure what to do with
  • wash kitchen window inside and out
  • notice that my front porch is really dusty and sweep off all the dust!
  • put new curtains on kitchen windows
  • decide I need an extra curtain swag and more inserts for drawers
  • help Ben install new medicine cabinet in bathroom
  • take out dishes and re-line 2 shelves in kitchen
  • rewash dishes with dust all over them
  • wash glass orbs of kitchen lamp with dust all over it
  • dust mini blinds
I'm sure there was more but it's all I can remember.

Now that everything is out of my kitchen it looks so nice. I hate to put everything back in. Only problem is that everything I don't want to put back in my kitchen is piled all over my dining room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say, I do not envy you right now!

Nicole said...

Our painter starts tomorrow and I, like you, realize my work begins when his ends!

Is the house pretty, though?